LeggNets Digital Capture

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

5D Mark II in my hands


Thanks to my great friends at Pictureline, I was able to secure one of the first Canon 5D Mark II cameras to be publicly available in the US. I can't wait to run it through some test work before putting it into production. High ISO, here I come!

November 26 Update

After putting the camera through some simulated production work last night, I feel safe in putting it into actual service. I will be using it today for a magazine assignment (with my workhorse 5D along as a backup of course). One thing to note is that I have discovered how much I use the battery grip on my camera bodies. I hope the BG-E6 arrives soon at Pictureline.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mitch said...

Congrats! I'm posting your luck on the 5d wiki - http://planet5d.com

November 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Droool. Did you get the kit or body only?

November 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow- cogratulation ;-) i hope you will have a lot of fun with this cam. please post some impressions with high iso or maybe sone movies ;-)

November 25, 2008  
Blogger Assbeard said...

...showoff :P

November 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent!! Id really be very interested to see some High ISO shooting. I haven't really seen any tests yet.

November 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those guys and gals at pictureline is awesome. I wish we had one here in Las Vegas. There is nothing even close here.

November 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Hopefully a review is coming?

November 25, 2008  
Blogger scott neumyer said...

Lucky! Enjoy it!!

November 25, 2008  
Blogger Alvaro MAM said...

Good news indeed, looking forward for your impressions on it.

Congrats!

November 26, 2008  
Blogger Debbi_in_California said...

I'm on a list for one of these babies, so a critique of it will be much appreciated! I'm especially interested in how high an iso you can go and istock will accept with no noise reduction.
Debbi

November 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Rich, I'd love to hear what you think about her.

November 26, 2008  
Blogger Jim Goldstein said...

Oooh! Keep us posted on your thoughts of it. I have a feeling you'll have fun with this body. I look forward to seeing some examples of your work with it.

November 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home