LeggNets Digital Capture

Friday, October 05, 2007

A Good Book


This image provides the perfect opportunity to plug my friend Bryan's blog about reading and writing, The Hopeless Writer. Bryan and I began blogging within weeks of each other back in 2005. In that time I have watched his site evolve into a fantastic resource for writers and anyone who enjoys reading.

Today's capture was photographed in my studio with the following setup:

Small softbox camera right for main light
Umbrella diffused light above and slightly left for fill.
Polarizing filter on lens for effect.
Black seamless paper backdrop
Canon 5D, Canon 24-105 f/4L lens - 1/100 second, f/9, ISO 100

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Catherman said...

Thanks for the kind words. I know you wanted to keep the book simple, but if you don't mind me asking, what's the title of the book in your subject? (Is it a formally banned or challenged book, because this is Banned Books week?)

October 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"but if you don't mind me asking, what's the title of the book in your subject?"

Heh... I hate to say, but the book is "The Road Ahead" by Bill Gates. I selected the book because I wanted a plain looking book of a certain size for the shot. I cloned the title off of the book's spine. It's not a banned book, but maybe it should be (spoken like a true Mac fanboy!) :)

October 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home