LeggNets Digital Capture

Friday, July 27, 2007

Homeward Bound


As I write this it is 1:00 AM and I am sitting in Fairbanks International Airport waiting for my (delayed) flight home. It's been a very busy 10 days and we've covered a lot of ground. I look forward to going through the 15+ gigabytes of photos on my MacBook's hard drive when I get home.

Today's featured image is a Piper PA-18 "Super Cub" floatplane taking off on Fairbanks' Chena River. I grew up flying around Alaska with my father in his floatplane and it was really nice to re-live those memories.

Canon 5D, Canon 24-105 f/4L lens - 1/800 second, f/5.6, ISO 160

3 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Catherman said...

This is my father's favorite plane, although the places we go aren't friendly to float planes.

I'm headed on another one of these Frank Church Wilderness Area fly-in hike and fishing trip in a few days. (This is not my plane and I'm not the pilot.) See photo at BryanCatherman.com
(Not a Rich Legg quality photo, sorry.)

July 27, 2007  
Blogger Bryan Catherman said...

It seems that link above doesn't work. Here's the address:
http://www.bryancatherman.com/files/Photo5.jpg

July 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm Jealous...one of the dreams I've not quite caught yet is getting my pilots license...I look forward to pics from Alaska...Even growing up in Seattle, I've yet to make it to Alaska...A photo cruise and tour is definitely in the plans soon...

August 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home