LeggNets Digital Capture

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Seeing Things in a Different Light


If spending three days last week with famed photographer and teacher Kenneth Linge did one thing, it was to re-invigorate my lookout for great natural light. Kenneth is a master at using existing lighting to create stunning portraits.

I noticed this great afternoon sunlight being deflected through the window of a Salt Lake City hotel on Saturday. The light, combined with the reflection, made a very nice portrait setting. My always willing model Sarah stepped in to pose for the quick capture.

Canon 5D, Canon 70-200 f/4L lens - 1/160 second, f/4, ISO 160

On a side note, I am heading out to Alaska today for a week or so to attend my nephew's wedding. I haven't been back to Alaska in over 10 years and I am excited to see how things have changed. It is rumored that I will have Internet access where I am staying so I can occasionally post to the site. But in case I don't - enjoy this pleasant photo of Sarah until my return.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe you have not had a comment on this yet. Looks like you learned very well from Mr. Linge. This is a gorgeous portrait. The composition is excellent with a partial reflection of Sarah in the window glass. Very well done with the sepia also.

July 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning portrait. Love the composition and the reflection in the glass. The sepia tint is the icing on the cake.

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Suzy said...

Beautiful portrait....beautiful girl!

August 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{sigh}- just gorgeous.

September 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home