LeggNets Digital Capture

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Points in a Sea of Color


Points in a Sea of Color, originally uploaded by LeggNet.

My nine year old daughter and I set out to create some photographs of Color this past Saturday. She gathered up numerous colorful items in the house as I prepared the camera equipment and we went to work.

This is one of my favorites from the photo session. We originally took this photo with a white background, but felt it could use even more color. To add the additional color, we spread out a box of crayons around the pencils and used a very shallow depth of field to create the blur. This created the colorful background we were after.

This capture has quickly became my most popular photograph of the nearly 1,000 I have on Flickr. In the past 5 days, it has been viewed over 1,600 times and 78 people consider it a Favorite.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

That's a really nice shot.

Anything macro is beyond my expertise, so I take my hat off to you sir.

July 05, 2006  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

I'm not sure why, but it reminds me of fairy tales.

The pencils have an appealing earnestness with their slightly blunt tips.

July 07, 2006  
Blogger John said...

Top shot rich. I can see that in a 'home beautiful' magazine advertising kids activities at home !

July 14, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy Stockwell said...

Rich - nice shot!

BTW, since you posted this you've cleared 2,000 views and 100 faves.

I'd call that "remarkable."

July 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home