LeggNets Digital Capture

Friday, February 17, 2006

Traveling at Light Speed


Traveling at Light Speed, originally uploaded by LeggNet.

Featured here is a capture of downtown Riverton Utah made on a recent late night trip to the store for a gallon of milk. Contrary to the title, I was only driving 30 mph at the time of the photo.

To create this image, I wedged a tripod into the passenger seat of my car then aligned & focused the camera before leaving (safety!). I estimated an exposure time of 13 seconds at f/8. I then simply reached over and pressed the shutter release while driving.

I am farely pleased with the result. I only wished I had cleaned the mirror beforehand.

5 Comments:

Blogger G said...

great shot! really feels like i'm moving at lightspeed. i wish i could try this. but i only have a wobbly tripod and it doesn't sit well with a heavy camera on it.

February 18, 2006  
Blogger Cindy said...

You should be very proud of this effort. Bravo.

March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome color, i love shots like this

May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live right by that.

July 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff

December 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home