LeggNets Digital Capture

Monday, February 13, 2006

Full Moon over the Wasatch Range

This is a difficult shot to get the exposure right.

In order to get the exposure so that the mountains could be seen yet not have the moon details completely blown out, I took two separate captures. The first was with a long shutter speed to capture the mountain. I then took another shot with a fast shutter to catch the detail of the moon. Then in Photoshop I laid the image with the mountain detail over the one with the moon detail and masked it to allow the moon detail to show through.

See the color version here:
flickr.com/photos/richlegg/99014929/

5 Comments:

Blogger G said...

this is great! the merger of both shots look seamless. might i ask what lens you used?

February 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply perfect. Great execution!

February 14, 2006  
Blogger LeggNet said...

Shot with a Canon 100-300 at 100mm. I'm not overly impressed with the image quality of this lens and in hindsight wish I had used my 28-105 for this capture.

February 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful landscape!

February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is spectacular. I really like the mountain range textures. Beautiful.

November 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home