LeggNets Digital Capture

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Making Photo Collages - Free Program

Collage

While editing images today I was watching/listening to the live recording of the MacBreak Weekly podcast on TWiT.tv. One of the features of the program is that each of the hosts makes a Pick-of-the-Week. One of this week's picks was a free program for making Photo Collages called Shape Collage. This pick caught my attention so I downloaded the program to try it out.

Today's image was created using the program. Utilizing the extremely simple interface, I was able to drag a group of images from the finder and drop them into Shape Collage. From there I selected the output shape (in this case a circle) and clicked the 'Create' button. Simple and easy.

I'm not sure how I will utilize the program, but I plan on experimenting with it in the coming weeks to see what creative uses I can find for it. The variety of shapes available makes for near endless possibilities.

To learn more about Shape Collage and to download a free copy (Mac/Windows/Linux), surf on over to http://www.vincentcheung.ca/shapecollage/.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered this website today from the TWIP website ... and LOVE it! Super cool, and much quicker than doing it on my own in Photoshop.

February 24, 2009  
Blogger Debbi_in_California said...

Kool
Thx!
Debbi

February 25, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of weeks ago we posted a video demonstration / review of Shape Collage.
http://www.cameratown.com/news/news.cfm?id=7168

February 25, 2009  
Blogger Lindsey said...

This looks really cool! I'm already thinking of a couple uses... Thanks! :)

February 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home