LeggNets Digital Capture

Saturday, November 08, 2008

100 x 100


One of the milestones that contributing artists on iStockphoto like to celebrate is when an image sells for the 100th time. In addition to a warm fuzzy feeling for the photographer, the image gets a little icon to distinguish it as a top seller.

This past week I had my 100th image hit this milestone. The shot of a physical trainer and his client came from a fairly successful series I created earlier this year.

While a little flame icon really won't change my life, it feels good to realize that 100+ buyers voted with their wallet on my photography.

To see all of my images that have sold a hundred or more times, visit the lightbox by clicking here.

Canon 5D, Canon 24-105 f/4L lens - 1/160 second, f/4.5, ISO 100

3 Comments:

Blogger JohnnySewell said...

Rich, congratulations on having so many stock images go over 100 sales.

I have a question about how you chose iStockphoto to sell your images vs a place like photogallery.com or other similar sites?

Thanks,

Johnny

November 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choosing iStock was easy. They are the top selling microstock site. Check out this chart by Yuri Arcurs, the world's top selling stock photographer, showing a breakdown of where his sales come from (since he is not exclusive to any one site): http://www.arcurs.com/images/graph.jpg. It pretty much speaks for itself.

November 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great job!

I may work on having a single image go 100, but right now I lack vision for stock; something you obviously have.

November 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home