LeggNets Digital Capture

Friday, January 18, 2008

Calling Photoshoppers - My Version


It was great to see the response to the Calling Photoshoppers project we featured this week (original post). I received a few suggestions that I give a shot at editing the image, so I spent a few minutes with it this morning. Here is my version.

I didn't keep a detailed list of my editing steps (like the others did so well), but I will touch on a few highlights.

- Cropped and leveled
- Removed rock (thanks Brian)
- Blended two versions of the images, one sepia and one color
- Warmed up and softened using an action
- Brightened faces
- Vignette

My goal was to create a sepia image with a subtle color on the couple (especially the jeans and her top). Similar to others, I sought to create an old-fashioned feel to the image.

So, how'd I do?

Canon 5D, Canon 70-200 f/4L lens - 1/250 second, f/5, ISO 100

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Rich.

You mentioned using an action to warm and soften. How many actions have you made/regularly use?

I'm a big fan of your high pass sharpen action, which is a regular in my workflow now. I'd love to hear/learn more.

January 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color treatment is really great! It's catchy, but not overbearing or overdone. I think in general, the warmed up desaturated look (in one form or another) really works well with this photo.

January 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home