LeggNets Digital Capture

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

iStockphoto Download #10,000


Today marks a milestone in my stock photography. Just a little while ago this image of Jenna as a school teacher sold on iStockphoto.com marking my 10,000th photo sold on the popular stock photography website. This advances me to a Gold Level contributor and not only entitles me to a higher royalty payment percentage, but I am now eligible to also sell my stock photography via Getty Image's (the parent company of iStockphoto) royalty free collection.

Shooting and selling stock images has grown over the past year from a small part of my photography to becoming the major focus. During that time the income I receive from sales has increased to where it is now the majority of my monthly revenue.

I look forward to the year ahead as I now set my sights on iStock's Diamond Level of 25,000 downloads.

If you'd like, you can click HERE to view my stock portfolio.

Canon 5D, Canon 70-200 f/4L lens - 1/60 second, f/10, ISO 100

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Beau A.C. Harbin said...

Congratulations Rich! That is very cool news. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your experiences with iStockphoto. Since the prices are so low it seems on iStockphoto, I have been hesitant to put images up there and so would like to hear more on how you feel about it all, esp. for a newbie. Best wishes!

January 15, 2008  
Blogger Harley Pebley said...

Woo Hoo!! Congrats!

January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Rich! 10.000 was many work for sure but it pays off!

January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You're an inspiration. As soon as I get that new camera! ;)

January 16, 2008  
Blogger Jeremy Hall said...

Congrats Rich. I admire your dedication and time spent to build up a respectable and usable library to sell. I wish I could get myself to do the same!

January 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home