LeggNets Digital Capture

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Tastes Like Chicken?


Did you ever stop and truly examine how odd a turkey looks? I came across this guy standing in the middle of a rural road. It wasn't until I viewed the image full size that I truly appreciated the uniqueness of the bird. From the hair on his head and beak to the bluish color to the texture and bulges of his throat - this is one strange looking creature.

Canon 30D, Canon 70-200 f/4L with 1.4 extender - 1/200 second, f/5.6, ISO 100

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

What a gorgeous photo. His feathers look like shingles!

I once painted a concrete "yard-art" turkey for someone and I was astonished at the wide range of necessary paint colors when I researched the turkey!

March 09, 2007  
Blogger LeggNet said...

Thanks for the comment. I never realized before you pointed it out, but his feathers REALLY DO look like roofing shingles.

March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home