LeggNets Digital Capture

Monday, August 14, 2006

Mystic Water


Cottonwood Creek, originally uploaded by LeggNet.

This past Friday I went rock climbing with my family and some friends up Big Cottonwood Canyon near my home. The trail we hiked to reach the rock face involved crossing Cottonwood Creek. On the return hike after a couple hours of climbing (right before sunset), I noticed the remarkable lighting on the rocky creek-bed. Even though I had my camera with me (surprise!), I did not have a tripod nor the time to hold everyone up for some photos.

Armed with the info from the previous night, the next evening I packed up some camera gear and headed back to the creek right before sundown. This photo was captured with the camera & tripod sitting in a shallow part of the creek.

My shoes still haven't dried out....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that looks amazing! I wouldnt want to get my gitzos wet but I think I'll have to do that sometime :)

August 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, What length was the exposure?

August 14, 2006  
Blogger LeggNet said...

Thanks for the comments. This was a 10 second exposure at f/29 with a Canon 30D.

August 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the water, with the light, looks almost eerie. I am really amazed at the capture of this one.

August 14, 2006  
Blogger --Daniel said...

I love the way you framed the shot... I am wanting to do some simular shots but I have no streams near, I will be looking for one come vacation time :)

August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home