LeggNets Digital Capture

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Changes


Irrigation, originally uploaded by LeggNet.

While the area I live in is still fairly rural, it is quickly changing. I captured this image of irrigation equipment on a local farm recently in my work travels. This is one of the last remaining farms near my home. The increasing value of the land the farm is on makes farming no longer the "highest and best use" of the ground.

I opted to present this image in sepia-toned black & white to add a nostalgic feel to the photo. To remind us of days gone by.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

The "highest and best" use for the land is all in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I personally hate to see farmland taken over for subdivisions and car dealerships. Once that asphalt and concrete is poured, the land won't see the light of day for centuries.

I like the photo a lot. The wheels are reminiscent of the old time metal wheels of farm equipment.

I appreciate the notes on your techniques too.

May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame to see all the farms disappearing. Great use of the sepia tone, it definitely works to give a historic feel.

May 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home