LeggNets Digital Capture

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Liftoff


Geese in Flight, originally uploaded by LeggNet.

On my way home from church today I came across a cornfield full of geese. They were feeding on the remnants of last season's harvest. I stopped the car and decided to see if I could get close enough to make some interesting captures.

As I edged closer and closer to the flock, they became increasingly nervous of my being there. Moments before this capture, they decided as a group that it was a good time to leave. It is quite amazing to be in a field with 100+ geese as they take flight simultaneously.

Notice that the fellow on the right has a band on his leg. I imagine that this is a tracking tool put on by the game management people. This makes me wonder how many miles a typical wild goose logs each year.

As I last saw the flock, they were falling into formation and heading north.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic shot! Well done!

March 08, 2006  
Blogger Clarity25 said...

Amazing shot!

March 09, 2006  
Blogger Cindy said...

I really like the framing and balance.

March 13, 2006  
Blogger Shelly McC said...

Stunning Shot!

June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home