LeggNets Digital Capture

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Teaching Photography to Children

I spent Thursday morning teaching my Ten Tips for Capturing Great Photos class to a group of 35 homeschool students. I spend a fair amount of time standing in front of people talking about photography. No offense to everyone else, but the most rewarding group to speak to is children. Their curiosity and excitement about what I do is so cool.



The homeschool group was a lot of fun. I look forward to continuing to share my 10 Tips... talk to local groups this year.

(Photo and Video © Nicole Young. Thanks Niki!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen Johnson said...

This was great! Thanks for taking time with the homeschooled kids. I school my son and am always appreciative of those who take time from their busy schedules to help us out. I follow you and Nicole on Twitter and love how you both share your knowledge.

January 16, 2010  
Blogger Hygge Man said...

I echo Karen--thanks so much for your time. I've been taking picture for over 30 years (at one time thinking me and my OM-10 would shock the world w/brilliant photography) and I learned much from your presentation. My son Rome (see video) was surprised. "He was really funny. I didn't think he would be funny." Thanks again!

January 16, 2010  
Blogger Sam said...

Very cool. Teaching kids is a lot of fun.

January 16, 2010  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Teaching kids is an awesome experience - and so rewarding. I'm sure they enjoyed learning from you!

January 16, 2010  
Anonymous Ron said...

Nice Rich. Great idea and I'm sure they learn lots from you.

January 16, 2010  
Blogger SuperMom said...

Rich- Thanks so much for coming to teach us! We had a great response and we are looking forward to working with Nicole in the Spring too!

You did great and we all learned so much!

YOU ROCK!
(Thanks Nicole for coming along!)

January 31, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home