LeggNets Digital Capture

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Painful to Shoot

One of my favorite models, Kati, had an "incident" with a scooter last week. And while this was truly an unfortunate accident (and one Kati REALLY didn't need right now), we agreed that we had a unique opportunity to create some imagery of her with the injury.

What is striking to me is just how beautiful Kati's eyes remain in spite of being surrounded by the ghastly bruise.

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 70-200 f/4L lens - 1/500 second, f/4, ISO 400

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Hall said...

Now that is a sign of a true photographer at heart, being willing to make the most of her situation and put herself out there even under such personal difficulty. Kudos to Kati!

September 29, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw this photo on you flickr feed, I wondered how you got such a great makeup effect. Know I understand...very great shot!

September 29, 2009  
Blogger jkiel said...

Being a Vespa rider myself, and having dumped it, I can only imagine what the rest of the road rash must look like.... she must have hit the mirror. Ow. Nice shot though!

September 29, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to make lemonade out of lemons Rich!

Jacom

September 29, 2009  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That's unfortunate about her accident. I hope her injury heals quickly! You're right, her eyes are beautiful, even with the bruising.

Shelley @ Shutterbug

September 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home