LeggNets Digital Capture

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Icy Creek


As a youngster, I have memories of my father sitting down after work in his chair and reading our daily newspaper, The Anchorage Times. With only 3 television channels, aside from the "nightly news", this was the only way to find out what was going on in the world. Here it is 30+ years later and I find that when I want to read the news I sit down with my MacBook and an RSS reader. Many of my news sources are traditional in nature (newspapers, networks, etc.) but I have quite a few blogs in my subscription list as well. I like the independent nature of the blogs versus what the mainstream media reports.

What does this have to do with a photograph of a frozen stream? Many of the blogs I read serve as a conduit to pass along news from outside sources mixed in with a bit of commentary (digg.com for example). I am increasingly bothered by some of this blogging that purposefully attempts to be controversial or sensationalizing as a way of generating traffic and comments to their site. My goal with LeggNet's Digital Capture is to give my readers a break from this type of blogging. I want this blog to be a safe place in hope that the few hundred people a day who visit will leave feeling enriched.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean Paul Turner said...

Very nice work. What equipment do you use, if you care to divulge?

December 14, 2006  
Blogger LeggNet said...

Thanks for the comment. This was shot with a Canon 30D and a 24-105 f/4L lens. This is my typical setup for most of my work. Other lenses I use are a 50mm f/1.8, 70-200 f/4L, 18-55.

December 14, 2006  
Blogger hpy said...

Very intersting comment (to a very nice picture).
Receiving comments like "great picture" for a picture thet is not good is crazy. But it happens very often.
A comment like that has nothing to do with your photo, it's there just in order to make you have a look at the commentator's blog.
I hadn't really visited your blog earlier, but today I took a look, and appreciate the comments you make (like that about the smoking ban).
I guess I'll be back. Not only for the photos, but also for the comments.
(You don't have to pay me a visit, but you're welcome if you want to.)

December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home