LeggNets Digital Capture

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My Great-Grandmother's Watch


My Great-Grandmother's Watch, originally uploaded by LeggNet.

In the late 1800's, my Great-Grandmother immigrated to the United States from Germany as a nanny for a doctor's family. Here is a capture of the watch she carried as she entered the United States. It no longer works, but it is engraved with the name Bertha. Her full name was Bertha Willamena Karleen Baaske. My Great Aunt Claribelle Legg gave this to me a number of years ago when I was a child.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Catherman said...

These photos are amazing!

January 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice capture of a beautiful watch. You must have been one careful child!

February 16, 2006  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Very nice indeed. Good job.

April 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent photo and nice story to go with it.

March 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home